These showtimes links point to the showtimes sites referred to by the theatre companies' respective web sites, and their content, availability, and correctness is "beyond my control". Please let me know politely if they break.
Alternate Showtimes Links
- 2012/04/03 I'm planning to drop support on everything on this site except the historical information, which I need to rearrange to be presented in a more modern way than the 1998 style that it's currently in. Since the site was last well-maintained in 2006, there have been many changes in projection technology and in the theatres themselves. Information contained in some of the sections concerning some theatres currently in operation are totally outdated and irrelevant. This site served a purpose when I went to a movie every week or two, as I did during the 1997-2006 time period. However, I'm averaging one movie theatre visit per year now. The site served its purpose and the only remaining purpose is preservation of the historical information that I put a good bit of effort into collecting by visiting libraries and finding grand opening ads and articles. The Perl script that generates the HTML for this site has not been run in 5 or 6 years. This text was edited directly by hand.
- 2008/07/30 The links to the presentation quality reviews are being removed because the information has become outdated and irrelevant. The focus of this site from now on will be the historical and technical information, and links to the showtimes at the local theatres (which covers 99 percent of the use of this site). My theatre visits are far too infrequent to keep theatre projection quality reviews as I did from 1998-2005, and the switch that some theatres have made to digital projection has caused many film-related problems to disappear, while possibly introducing new, different problems.
- 2008/06/26 The Madison Square 12 theatre at Madison Square Mall in Huntsville has recently changed ownership and is now owned by Touchstar Cinemas. The showtimes link was updated.
- 2007/11/14 The Monaco Pictures 14 at Bridge Street will have their grand opening in Huntsville on November 16, 2007 at 4:00 PM. Four of the theatres will offer reserved-seating balconies for age 21 and over, offering wine tasting, appetizer dining, and upscale concessions.
- 2006/07/29 The Cinemagic Theatre in Athens now has a web site, which is now linked from the showtimes area on the left side of this main page. However, their showtimes page looks fine in Internet Explorer, but is mostly unreadable using Firefox. Their information line is (256) 233-0402.
- 2006/07/14 The showtimes number for the Cinemagic Theatre in Athens is (256) 233-0402. As far as I know, the Cinemagic has no showtimes web site to which I can link.
- 2006/06/30 Movies showing at the Cinemagic Theatre in Athens this week are Superman Returns, The Devil Wears Prada, Cars, Click, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, and with Nacho Libre on the drive-in screen. The number for the theatre information is (256) 233-0402.
- 2006/06/23 The Cinemagic Theatre began full operation last week with all 5 indoor screens and the drive-in is open as well. Movies showing starting June 23: Click, Cars, Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Nacho Libre, and with Over the Hedge on the drive-in screen.
- 2006/06/16 The Cinemagic Theatre begins full operation tonight with all 5 indoor screens and the drive-in open as well. Movies showing: Cars,Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Nacho Libre, The Omen, and with X-Men 3 on the drive-in screen.
- 2006/06/09 The Cinemagic Theatre in Athens is showing Cars, X-Men: The Last Stand, and The Omen. It appears that only three screens are in operation and the drive-in will be open later in June. The information number for the theatre is (256) 233-0402.
- 2006/06/05 The movie information number for the Cinemagic Theatre in Athens is (256) 233-0402. Several people have asked about the number.
- 2006/05/22 The new Cinemagic Theatre in Athens will open this Friday, May 26. Three auditoriums will be open, showing The DaVinci Code, Over The Hedge, and X-Men: The Last Stand. The remaining two auditoriums, and the drive-in portion, will open in June. The Cinemagic Theatre will feature stadium seating and digital sound in all auditoriums.
Archive of News Items